Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

laupäev, august 28, 2004

 

Kalevi 90

We're about to spend our first night sleeping in the new house. We got Chris's bed put together. For some reason, the mattress is just a bit too big, but we made it fit.

We got the mattresses on our bed, and for some reason, they are a bit too small -- but they will work!

We watched "Monk" and "Shadowlands" on TV here tonight. The TV at the apartment only got in one channel, but the one here at the house gets in all three. It's fun to learn Estonian by reading the subtitles!

Some missionary friends drove by as we were about to go into the house tonight. It was nice to feel like we really live here, and to see people we know. Tartu is a small city (about 100,000 people), the type of place you can run into people.

It's been hard to leave the apt., and I think that reluctance has really slowed down the move. "There's no place like home" -- and after months of looking at photos and weeks of living there, it certainly felt like home to us. Now we have a new home, and a new corps as well. We are so grateful to have this place where we can live, and be homeschoolers, and have meetings, and do office work, and store humanitarian aid.

Tomorrow, we will go to the Narva Corps. I will preach for the first time in two months! We will bring clothes that Peter has outgrown; the corps officers are expecting a baby.

It will be nice to see some of the kids we got to know at camp.

I miss my cronies, my La Leche League and homeschooling friends. I miss my corps people and my family and my familiar routine.

But we are so happy to be, finally, home!

Evelyn

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes