Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

kolmapäev, august 11, 2004

 

The Road from Home

Chris has just reading a book called The Road from Home and now I'm reading it.

Today the road from our home was more like "you can't get there from here!" We left at 8:30 in the morning to go to Salvation Army Regional Headquarters in Tallinn -- a trip which usually takes two hours and fifteen minutes. But today the one and only road between here and there was closed for construction! After eventually finding a detour, we made it there in about three and a half hours.

"I have always known that at last I would take this road, but yesterday I did not know that it would be today." – Narihara

I remember writing this at the beginning of an article that eventually appeared in The War Cry, about going forward for officership (20 years ago -- no kidding!).

It's 11:00 at night here, and after a long and tiring and busy day, I'm ready for bed!

There is something so wonderful about returning home, and this is how I felt tonight as we entered Tartu.

One of my favorite songs has always been "Oh, God, our help in ages past, our hope for years to come, our shelter from the stormy blast and our eternal home" ... and my prayer is that He is all of these things to you as well!

Evelyn

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes