Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

neljapäev, september 09, 2004

 

40's Not So Old

Just a quick word tonight because it's late.

Thanks to everyone who remembered my 40th birthday. It was a great day. We visited the town of Voru in Southern Estonia, and although it was pouring rain, we still saw some interesting sites. I always enjoy exploring the country. In the evening, Evelyn and the kids took me to a Chinese restaurant (yes, they have them here!) and when we got home, they improvised a homemade ice cream cake with ice cream and wafer cream cookies. It was a fun way to begin my 40th year.

I've been asked by several people what it feels like to be 40, but to be honest I don't feel any different. I guess I've always thought young, so hopefully that will carry me for a few more years ;-)

You probably won't hear from us for a few days because tomorrow morning we head to Tallinn for a weekend rally for all of the Salvation Army corps in Estonia. We will be doing a "family item" in the Sunday afternoon meeting; it will be a recitation of Psalm 139, which the kids learned in Colorado.
--Tim

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes