Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

kolmapäev, september 29, 2004

 

Esimene Hammas!!

Today, Peter got his first tooth (esimene hammas in Estonian)! It seems like we have been checking for weeks, one of us poking our finger in his mouth, rubbing his bottom gum and saying, "Do you feel something?", to which the other would always reply, "No, I don't think so." But today it really happened!

Chris and I were out with Mario at the time, helping the lady who owns the apartment to move some beds (she knows we have a van, so she asked if we could do it), so they were the first ones to make the discovery. But once we got home, Evelyn said, "Peter has something he wants to show you," and Chris and I knew right away what it was. I felt in his mouth and sure enough, there was this little sharp point poking me. Wow! You just never forget these milestones. At least now we know why he was a bit fussy last night.

By the way, thank you to everyone who has been thinking of me and praying for me these past few days as I have been sick. I've had some kind of stomach flu, but much worse than I've ever experienced before, which is what caused us such alarm initially. I'm still not over it completely, but each day I feel a bit better and am able to get some work done, rather than lay around on the couch all the time and feel miserable like I did over the weekend. I'm just glad no one else in the family got it; I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Today Mario and I went to the office of the mayor of Tartu to schedule an appointment so that we can introduce the Army and ourselves to him. A new mayor just took office because the previous mayor was appointed to a cabinet position in the Estonian government after a big scandal. We know the previous guy was a Christian and likely to be open to supporting our work here; we know nothing about the new guy. Please pray that we will be able to have this meeting with the mayor, and that it will open the door for many opportunities to serve the people of Tartu.
--Tim

Comments:
Hello!
I am a Salvsationist from Blackpool Citadel and personal friends of your regional commanders, Majors Derek and Helen, through whom I have found your "blogs". Just to say that I am supporting you as a family in your work in Estonia and I am sure the Lord is blessing you all as you work for Him. I shall contiue to remember you in my prayers. Every Blessing,
Tricia.
 
Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes