Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

reede, september 10, 2004

 

The Far Side of the Sea

Greetings from Tallinn! We traveled up today through loads of road construction (thanks to EU funds) and spend the afternoon taking care of Army business, and the evening here at the Kopli Corps. We planned to stay at the Army's camp in Loksa, but decided the hour-each-way trip would be too tiring at 9:00 at night, so we are sleeping at the corps, where they have a fold out couch and two cots for us to sleep on. At least we will be the first ones to the meetings tomorrow!

I mentioned last night that for our "family item" in the Sunday afternoon meeting, we plan to do a choral recitation of Psalm 139. This has always been a favorite scripture of mine, but it took on new meaning when we went to missionary training in Colorado. When I think of the verses that say, "If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast," it serves as a great comfort, now that we have settled on the far side of the sea. Sometimes, it is the simple knowledge of God's presence that can be far more powerful than a deep theological point. God didn't come to Estonia with me; He was here long before I ever arrived, and He will be by my side doing His work--and I get to be a part of it. How humbling.

Of course, to do this, I need to be open to God's will, and willing to change myself if needed, as the Psalm ends, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Maybe a bit too reflective, but especially when I have those anxious thoughts, I need to know that I can be lead into the way everlasting."
--Tim

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes