Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

neljapäev, september 02, 2004

 

Healing

So you've heard by now that we've moved into a house owned by an Estonian family, who are in Prague teaching at the International Baptist Seminary. They have SO MANY cool books in the house, and we're just starting to open our eyes and see them. Most are in Estonian, but there are many in other languages as well, including English!

My eyes fell on one on the bookshelf right next to the computer. The author wrote one of my favorite pregnancy books (with his wife), Praying for Your Unborn Child. But this book was written much earlier, before he was married, when he was a Catholic priest! It's called Power to Heal and it's pretty awesome.

I think that when the same thing (song, Scripture verse, phrase, topic, whatever) keeps coming up over and over in different ways, it's probably something I should pay attention to. Well, this subject of healing has been haunting me for at least a year (my Aunt Joann died 14 months ago). I often begged God to heal our friends with mental illness when we were in Chester.

There's an interview in the latest issue of Journal of Aggressive Christianity with a Salvation Army officer:
"I have witnessed sight restored to the blind, the lame walking, a dead child restored back to life, an insane girl becoming conscious, a paralysed man revived, a dumb man speaking again to the glory of God. Our God is still in the business of healing his people.
The positive effects of miracles does a great deal of good:
1. Brings many people to believe and trust God,
2. Reveals the awesomeness and reality of God in the midst of his people,
3. Confirms my call to Officership - Isaiah 61:1-4 etc.
4. Creates an awareness of God's presence in men and women who are available for Him to use."
No answers here, only questions!

Evelyn

Comments:
Hi Blogger, I had extra time today and was performing a search for new information about herbs when I came across your blog. I'm glad your post, Healing, came up. Even though it's not quite what I was looking for in regards to herbs , I thought it was interesting. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing! Deb
 
Hi Blogger, Thanks for the post, Healing. I found it interesting. I was searching for information about natural healing. Even though it's not quite what I was looking for, I appreciate your sharing. natural healing Deb
 
Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes