Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

teisipäev, oktoober 05, 2004

 

Books

When Colonel Lydholm, our TC, came to visit us, he said that when we unpacked our books it would be like seeing old friends. Some of our things have been packed away for four months! Today we got a lot of books out of boxes and onto bookshelves. It was NOT like seeing old friends; it was like seeing a very close family member! I almost felt like crying as I saw some of my favorite books again.

On the other hand, it has been funny throughout this whole unpacking process to see what comes out of a box sometimes! Everything we brought to Estonia had to be packed by movers for insurance purposes (we packed our own stuff for storage). Sometimes this is just mildly inconvenient, as when all my pregnancy/childbirth/breastfeeding/parenting books are mixed in with Chris's books, and we keep carrying boxes to the wrong rooms. Sometimes it's really odd, like today when there was a Lucy (as in Charlie Brown from "Peanuts") Christmas ornament mixed in with a box of (mostly) Salvation Army books. How did that get in there?

On my favorite e-mail list, the question was recently asked: "If you were stranded on a desert island, which ... book would you want to take (or top five, perhaps)?" Before I give my answer, I'd like to hear what your thoughts are, faithful blog readers! Please e-mail me at evelynclark@juno.com or reply in the Comments section.

Thanks!
Evelyn

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes