Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

teisipäev, oktoober 19, 2004

 

Estonian Flu? Now I'm Sick!

Three and a half weeks ago, Tim was so sick that I almost took him to the hospital, afraid he might have appendicitis! I was really scared, calling missionaries here in Tartu (the daughter of one is going to nursing school here), our Regional Commanders, corps officers in Narva, etc.!

He was in a lot of pain and really sick for about a week, and then he recovered. So we figured it was some kind of nasty flu that must be going around. Captain Henderson told us that their family all got really sick their first winter in Narva.

Yesterday, Tim went to Helsinki for a meeting with the Regional Commanders, Training Principals, and Chief Secretary about our cadet. He took a bus that left Tartu at 6 in the morning, and wasn't expected back until 1:30 in the middle of the night.

Some time after 10:00 (when his ferry left Helsinki), I started feeling so sick and having pain in my left side. If Tim had not already gone through this before me, I would have been terrified. I ended up calling one of our friends, Janice Viinalass, to come over about midnight, to be with the kids until Tim got back. Thank God I did! She took such good care of me!

We went to bed around 3 a.m. and I was starting to feel a lot better by then. I slept till about noon, and while I'm still not feeling great, the worst seems to be over.

It's starting to feel like we're just going from one problem to the next. Just as we get our heads above water, another wave comes crashing over us.

So please pray for us, and ask everyone you can think of to do the same! Thanks, friends!

Evelyn

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes