Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

kolmapäev, oktoober 20, 2004

 

Warning: Explicit Content!

Now that I've got your attention.... ;-) No seriously, I keep thinking about something that happened the other night when I was so sick, but it's kinda gross. My "sister" Janice came over to watch the kids and help me while I waited for Tim to get back from Finland. And she actually held a bowl in front of my face while I puked! No one besides my own mother has ever done this! I've never even thrown up in front of Tim, in over 15 years of marriage! Even when I had terrible "morning" sickness when I was pregnant with Peter! And Janice said, "now we are really sisters!"

So these verses have been haunting me lately, and it's really my prayer for our time in Tartu. But I guess I always pictured US as being the ones doing the loving, not receiving it!

He now showed them the full extent of his love.... He got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.... When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. "You call me `Teacher' and `Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.... Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them....
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
(John 13:1,4-5,12-15,17,34-35)

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes