Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

teisipäev, oktoober 12, 2004

 

We Are Okay!

We are okay, and I need to start by saying this! I'll say it again -- we are all okay! Really!

But we came home last night to find that our house had been burglarized. They forced open a downstairs window and went through the entire house. Mostly they took electronic items (computer equipment, video games, etc.).

We are fortunate in that the immediate difficulty was in deciding who to call first! (Well, FIRST we called our Regional Commander, Major Tyrrell, of course!) What I mean is, we have a very good support network here in Tartu! We ended up having Leho Paldre, pastor of Kolgata Baptist Church, come and help us talk to the police (after having some missionary friends call for us, as our untranslated attempt just did not communicate).

We had come home after 9 at night very tired from a very long weekend with lots of driving. We first went to the Tallinn Kopli Corps picnic. Then to Camp Loksa to spend the night. Then to the Narva Corps, where I preached. Then to a meeting at Regional Headquarters in Tallinn.

Part of my scripture in Narva was:
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:4,6-7)

My theme was Prayer (Requests) + Thanksgiving (Rejoicing) = PEACE!

In my better moments, I can joke that we were wondering how to get sinners into the Tartu Corps, and now THEY HAVE COME! ;-)

And I do get a bit of a chuckle imagining that we must have been doing something to step on the devil's tail, so he had to give a big YELP!

I feel like we have been initiated into some kind of missionary club. Now we know how it feels to go through this experience.

So maybe we'll get a dog. Or find someone to stay here while we are away (which is often). Maybe we'll have to put an alarm in.

We are grateful for a lot of things. We had our passports with us. Many of the things which are most precious to us are things no one would want to steal: Elizabeth's sticker book, my books, etc.

There are expensive things that they didn't take: our down comforters (which we were quite grateful for since the house had been open and was FREEZING cold), Chris's bike, our video camera.

So, friends, please pray for us. E-mail us. But do NOT worry about us!

Evelyn

Comments:
Hi, Evelyn. Is this YOU??? I haven't talked to you in so long - I didn't realize that you were in Estonia.

I have a girl who is my RIGHT HAND!!! and she is from Volgagrad - I love her. Do you (or have you heard of) Majors Sundin? They are wonderful friends of ours - and are now stationed at our closest corps here (about 45 minutes away).

We also have a couple of young ladies who worked at our camp - one of them was from Estonia - she wants to come here to work permanently but I hear your DC doesn't want to lose his workers! (Can't blame him!)

Anyway, I'm going to go catch up on your blogs and I'll direct y ou to mine - after I update it - LOL!!!

Martha Sheppard! From Colorado, Intermountain Division, HIS kids group!

Blessings and prayers for you. P.S. What do you need in the way of $support?
 
Hey sister: Bles you. Rejoice the Lord always! Praise God that everyone is safe.

May He continue to provide for you. Cheering you on from the west coast (of Canada),
Stephen Court
 
Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes