Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

neljapäev, detsember 30, 2004

 
Below is a bunch of stuff from my inbox this morning (none of it was written by me!):

I reason, Earth is short,
And Anguish – absolute,
And many hurt,
But, what of that?

I reason, we could die –
The best Vitality
Cannot excel Decay,
But, what of that?

I reason, that in Heaven
Somehow, it will be even,
Some new Equation, given –
But, what of that?

(Emily Dickinson)
****************
______’s death was a tremendous blow—and a harsh wake-up call—for everyone who knew him. He had been taken unexpectedly and suddenly.... What about the rest of us? Were we ready to die?
As I think about the question now ... it seems every bit as immediate as it did then. For what else is peace, if not readiness to meet God? And if it means readiness, doesn’t it have to mean readiness in every aspect of life? Doesn’t it mean readiness to forgive the unforgivable; to forget when I would rather remember; to reach out to those I’ve avoided? Doesn’t it mean readiness to give everything, and to lay down my life for my brothers?
As far as ______ was concerned, the answer to these questions was clear. He had lived life to the full and was indeed ready to go to God....
______ had quoted the following words from ... Eberhard Arnold:
To be ready is everything! Therefore the expectation of God’s coming must be our active readiness, so that we stretch out our hands to him, ready to be crucified with him; so that we fall on our knees, ready to be humbled by him; and so that we lay down all our own power, that he alone may have power over us. Let us be ready!
(Johann Christoph Arnold)
************************
The Power of Legacy
Dale Fincher

Timothy was a young pastor in the ancient world. He had a personal relationship with one of the great celebrities of the church, Paul the Apostle, and gave us the opportunity to listen in on Paul's admonition and encouragement to him.

Paul tells him in the second letter. "As I remember your tears, I long to see you, that I may be filled with joy. I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother ... and your mother ... and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control" (2 Tim 1:4-7).

At this time of year, when families gather round, it is important for us to reflect on those who have gone before us as examples of Jesus Christ....

One who comes to my mind this Christmas season is my mother who departed the planet a little over a year ago.... It is at the family gatherings that she is missed the most. Her contributions to conversation, her stories, her generosity, her understanding, concern, warmth, and laughter, and her energetic, positive attitude made Christmas mean something more for me. Though the loss tugs at the tears in those moments of remembrance, there is something else that also tugs at the heart to carry on.

In a recent memorial service for a respected woman at my church, we were told of "the power of L." First, was "the power of the Lord" to meet us in our needs. Second was "the power of Love," not only from God, but from a worshipping community. These were needed statements to meet the family and those of us who miss her. Yet, again, something tugged at my heart that moved my mind: "The power of Legacy."

Paul understood this, which is why he penned it in an inspired letter toTimothy. Remember, what your mother and grandmother stood for. Remember where they fixed their heart. Remember their sensitivity to spiritual things. Some of the things you appreciated about them most did not originate from them. They originated in God who gives the Holy Spirit freely to whose that will trust Him.

This power of legacy that originates in God and is played out in the hands and feet of His people encourage me. I may be separated from my mother for the duration of my earthy sojourn, but my confidence lies in carrying her legacy, which was empowered by the Holy Spirit.

As you turn your attention from the Christmas season to thoughts of the new year, reflect again on the Christ who came. It was for forgiveness, but also for holiness. It was for friendship, but also for apprenticeship. It was for love, but also for legacy. Our Lord of Glory has come to make disciples and leave us a legacy so that we may walk in his steps.

(c) 2004 Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (RZIM)"A Slice of Infinity" is aimed at reaching into the culture with words ofchallenge, words of truth, and words of hope. If you know of others who would enjoy receiving "A Slice of Infinity" each day, they can sign up at www.rzim.org/publications/slice.php or 1-877-88SLICE (1-877-887-5423).
**********************************
the dr. said mama's tumor didnt grow.she is rejoicing about this .i loveu.xo
*********************************************************************
Just talked to Mama... the tumor is not growing... She'll go back in 5 weeks
No further treaTMENT FOR NOW

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes