Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

kolmapäev, detsember 08, 2004

 

The Desires of Your Heart

Last night I was lying in bed with Elizabeth, and she was trying to stay awake a few extra minutes by getting me to tell stories about when I was growing up. Auntie Mary-Kay will do this for hours, mostly made-up stuff like saying Pretty Boy, the parrot, would always say "Evelyn stinks!"

When I told her I have blocked out most of my childhood, she asked what I was doing when I was 18-19 years old. Easy! I was at Houghton College. I told her what I did there (clean the library, clean the bathrooms), what I studied (religion major, missions minor).

Missions minor?! I haven't really thought of that term in a while. Yes, almost 20 years ago I was already looking toward the day I would be sitting here in Tartu, Estonia!

I usually say it took us 4 years to get here (1 year in Training and 3 as corps officers in America), but it was really 20!

Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him.

(Psalm 37:4-7)

"The LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless." (Psalm 84:11)

Does this mean that everything in life always goes our way?! No, and if you keep reading in the days to come you will hear much more on that topic, I'm afraid.

But today, I just want to be grateful for the good things that God has given me.

Tonight we will pray for my niece Christina, who is a freshman at the University of Maine at Farmington. "Anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward." (Mark 9:41)

Evelyn

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes