Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

esmaspäev, detsember 06, 2004

 

Some Stuff I Am Struggling With

Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice …,
to set the oppressed free …?
Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter--
when you see the naked, to clothe him,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
(Isaiah 58:6-7)

Anyone who loves [her] … mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves [her] son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses [her] life for my sake will find it.
(Matthew 10:37-39)

Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.
(Mark 5:19)

You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, "Honor … your mother."… But you say that if [an officer] says to [her] … mother: "Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is … a gift devoted to God," then you no longer let [her] do anything for [her] … mother. Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.
(Mark 7:9-13)

No one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother … or children … for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields--and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life.
(Mark 10:29-30)

As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, "I will follow you wherever you go."
Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."
He said to another [person], "Follow me."
But [she] replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my [mother]."
Jesus said to [her], "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God."
Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say good-by to my family."
Jesus replied, "No one who puts [her] hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."
(Luke 9:57-62)

If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
(1 Timothy 5:8)

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes