Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

kolmapäev, detsember 08, 2004

 

"With the power of Christ I will not let you end me" -- by Chris Clark

hi, im Chris Clark and im gonna be a sorta guest blogger. a few days ago i had something sorta interesting happen and im gonna tell you abuot it. i have a beautiful toshiba sattelite laptop that someone is letting me borrow for a while and before she had it some other guy did (i dont know him but my parents so i dont really need to). i was bored the other day adn on the laptop you can have a guest accunt in case any one wants to use it and i dont want them to use my accuont. so i was bored and decided i would go into the geust accuont and set it up all nice, this was probably a mistake becuase i could have spent my time doing something better and i would have avoided this whole thing. now i really LOVE my music so i have a ton of music (at least 10 CDs) saved on my laptop and so i wanted to be able 2 play it all in the geust account so i went and clicked on the windows media player and opened it up and it asked me if i wanted 2 search the computer for media that it can play and it had three options. i could a. search only for new media (fastest) b. search for new and fairly recent media or c. search for ALL the media it can play (slowest). well i had time to kill so i picked the slowest becuase i knew other people had used this computer (and gone online with it which i have not done yet) and so it got absolutely EVERYTHING this thing could play, over 1000 items!! well i should also tell you i tottally LOVE computer games, maybe even more then music, i dunno. well it got everything from my games, and i mean everything!! it even got the different noises the mouse makes when it clicks (i never even noticed there where different clicks for different games)!! well it also got some things i had never seen before. it got everything, anyone had ever put on this computer. i saw under music sounds and stuff something called "paris hilton". now when i think of my computer, i never think abuot the fact that someone else who was a guy used this before me, so i was ignorant to the fact that this could be something inapropriate. so i click on this and i assume it must be a singer or something and then the windows media player screen gets wider like its gonna play a movie and im like "cool, maybe its like some concert or something". i really wish right abuot here I noticed that something was a little strange but i was bored, and liveing in estonia i cant really find any new music thats interesting so i was hoping this would be something cool. thats when it finished loading and i saw something that scared me so bad i must have jumped half a mile, 2 people on a bed doing, you know, what 2 people do on beds some times. it scared me 2 death, the first thing i did was slam down the top of the laptop so hard i thought i broke it. And there were still sounds coming out of it so i turned the sound off all the way and i just sit there shaking and i have no clue what to do. and right away, im sorta ashamed to say it, my first thought was to keep it. i thought "its risky and i dont really want it right now but maybe i want it later, i could put in a folder with a pass word or something and i could keep it tottally hidden........." and so for a few minutes i was thinking sorta like this. you know how in the movies people will have a devil on one shoulder and a angel on the other and thier both telling them what to do? i really think if i had looked in a mirror i would have seen 2 little guys standing on my shoulders. i could almost hear this little voice saying "chris, you should just keep it. its the smart thing to do, becuase remember once its gone its gone and maybe you'll want it later........" then i could hear that other voice saying "chris, u should go down stairs right now and tell your parents. you know its the right thing to do. you are a soldier in the salvation army for god's sake!" and i have these 2 little guys on my shoulders and i just dont know what to do. so all night im thinking about this and i dont know what to do (after i found the first one I found another one so i have 2 vidoe clips on my computer that i have no clue what to do with) and then i go to bed. i barely slept all night long, i stayed up all night and it was like there was a real battle going on in side me. and then i had a plan. i thought to my self "im not a idiot, i know how to use a computer i'll do it myself!". but that just didn't feel right to me. i woke up sorta early that morning (i never wake up early so this really shows something was up) and i have this book, "every young mans battle" i think its called, and i have this other book, called the bible, and i read part of both of them and i prayed and i listened to music. and i was praying and while i was praying this one song on the playlist i was playing came on, "9 outta 10" by justifide (which is a awesome christian band), and i stopped for a minute to listen and this is what i heard. "i look when i should look away/adictions feed from a glance/a glance of temptation is all it takes/all it takes to lust/ no one there to trust/knowing this, but i look anyway/and now i say i should've looked away/9 times outta 10 i try to end/this never ending battle im failling, im falling into sin." And some where in here i started to sing along becuase i really like this band and i know this song and then it gets to the part where the singers just sorta yelling and he says, "you don't own me!!/by the power of christ i will not let you end me!!" and right about here as im singing along i made up my mind, im gonna tell my parents! so i went down stairs and i talked to them and my dad erased, totally and completely, all the things on my computer like that. and this really was great to me, i really like war games and so i know that it takes many battles to win a war, and you know it would have been so easy to just keep it. but i think i won this battle for God and that makes me feel really good. and i t also sorta showed me prayer at work becuase i was praying asking god what to do and then the perfect song for this came on. so now i feel really good and my mom kept wanting me to blog and i thought this would be a sorta nice story to tell anyone reading this. well i gotta go eat lunch now. my e-mail is chrisjohnclark@juno.com if you want to email me. bye.

Chris Clark
best, and only, soldier of the tartu estonia corps

Comments:
I'm glad you didn't break the laptop! Uncle Buck
 
Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes