Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

esmaspäev, veebruar 07, 2005

 

God Is Good ... All the Time

My theme for the month we were in America was "God is good ... all the time!" It was what I clung to as we were all sick, as I worried about my mother, as I said good-bye.

We even taught the phrase in Estonian to the folks in Salem and Portland when we did the Sunday meetings there. But we got it wrong! Our friend Tõnis came over last night (how nice to have tea and prääniks with an Estonian friend again!) and told us that while the word "kõik" does mean all, in this instance it would be more correct to say "Jumal on hea (God is good) "KOGU aeg" (all the time). As that is about a million times easier for us to say, I wish we had known a month ago!

So, friends, let's say it together. God is good! All the time! Jumal (YOOmal) on hea (HAYa) kogu (KOgoo) aeg (AHegg).

Very good! Tubli!

It is so wonderful for us to be back in our own house. What a blessing it is to us! Today we closed out our old apartment, and while it was sad to leave a place I loved so much, it was great to come home. These are true luxuries of life, and I am so aware that so many do not have them: to sleep in your own bed, to be warmed by your own fire, to cook in your own kitchen, to have friends and family who love you.

Now that we are back home in Tartu, we promise to be more faithful with our blogging! Please tell everyone you know about our blog! I always said in Chester, we need all the help we can get! That is certainly true here as well, and we covet the prayers of those who read our blog faithfully. Thank you!!

Evelyn

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes