Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

neljapäev, veebruar 24, 2005

 

Prayer Request for Missionaries Here

The following is from our dear friends the Masons. Their daughter Chelsea is our Elizabeth's best friend here in Tartu. They are fellow homeschoolers, and we had co-op with them every Friday during the first half of the school year. Wendy is the unofficial welcome wagon for expats moving to Tartu, and we e-mailed back and forth quite a bit in the months before we moved here. She also spearheaded the launch of a women's prayer fellowship that meets every other Wednesday night, which is what keeps me going! Please pray for them! --Evelyn

Mason-Express is one-stop-shopping for news and ministry of Kevin and Wendy
Mason in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania with United World Mission.
--<--
An important note from Wendy:
Hello prayer team! We really need some extra prayer, because it seems we are
under spiritual attack to discourage and derail us. Let me explain . . .
I've gotten well acquainted with doctors' offices during the last two weeks,
because a very suspicious breast lump has been discovered. I know that fear and
anxiety are normal during the diagnosis phase, but I was experiencing something
close to panic attacks. Waves of fear would wash over me, making me want to cry
and throw up all at once. I woke up one morning last week with one of these
waves of fear, and then it dawned on me that this is probably spiritual attack.
I began thinking back over the month since making the decision to move to
Tallinn. SIX very unusual things have happened in that time: our cars have been
broken into twice; we've gotten two $50 parking tickets rather innocently (i.e.
Kevin paid for parking with his cell phone, but accidentally paid for the wrong
car); I received very harsh criticism from a close friend (which sent me
reeling for a week); and now this possibility of breast cancer!
I began fighting back through prayer and worship, using Scripture as my weapon.
I could sense the battle going on around me. One evening while Kevin was away we
were talking by phone. I had a worship CD playing at the same time, and was
describing the battle to Kevin. I said, "When the Word of God is spoken,
Satan has to flee," and at that very second, both the phone and the CD
player quit! Very strange.
The very next morning, little Caroline came to me and said she wanted to ask
Jesus to be her Savior -- no wonder there is battle going on! Just this past
week our mission's leaders asked Kevin to consider becoming an area director --
a role of wider leadership responsibility and a possibility we're considering.
Perhaps this is also a factor in the increased battle.
So back to the medical stuff -- I am scheduled for a surgical biopsy/lumpectomy
on Friday, March 4th. I will have an ultrasound first to determine if there has
been any change or reduction in size. If so, they will wait and just watch it
for a few months. If they find through the biopsy that it is malignant, then
radiation and chemo will be necessary.
I feel generally hopeful, although some days I really struggle to concentrate
and keep myself together just to get through my normal day of homeschooling and
mothering.
All of this has come since we made the decision to move to Tallinn. Is God
saying "no" to this move, or is the move God's will and Satan is
opposing it? Please pray for discernment, protection from the enemy, health,
and encouragement. The next month is filled with important meetings -- big
stuff is happening, so it makes sense that Satan is causing trouble. We feel so
vulnerable, even when we know that God is our defender and has conquered Satan.
Thank you for standing with us during this time -- we are incredibly grateful
for you!
Wendy

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes