Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

reede, märts 04, 2005

 

Peter Is One Year Old Today

I woke up early this morning, with memories flashing through my mind. As such thoughts often are, the following is all out of chronological order....

Up, up, up!
I'm okay, I can do it.
Don't touch me!
Chris, open the door for the paramedics!
My baby, my baby, my baby!
Bring me every clean towel in the house.

Calling Bea Connell, calling the midwife, Pauline Harding calling, calling 911.

8 pounds exactly.

Talking the paramedics through everything. Refusing to be transported to the hospital. Getting up and taking a shower and driving to the birth center.

Eating a Peter Rabbit Easter bunny at the birth center. Chris trying to fix the Nintendo there. Stopping at the McDonald's drive-through on the way home trying to get a shamrock shake.

I got the homebirth I always wanted, although not in the way I had envisioned (it was unplanned)! I got the 8-pound baby I always wanted, and God made him exactly 8 pounds to make sure I didn't miss the point!

A busy day for us today, off to Tallinn!

Evelyn

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes