Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

laupäev, aprill 30, 2005

 

"My Darling Daughters ... Love & Prayers, Mama"

My mother never liked computers ("the e-mail machine" she would call it, in disgust). But with two daughters living away, she did force herself to send us an e-mail once a week to update us on life in Maine.

My sister saved them, and here are some excerpts from a year ago:

--------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:31:49 -0500
Subject: My Darling Daughters

Well, today's the day I have my bronchoscope & biopsy. I'd like to tell you that I'm not scared & be brave like Aunt Joann; but that's not true. I'm terrified of what the results will do to you kids & Dick. He puts up a brave front, but I can see the concern & sorrow in his eyes....

God has been very kind to me; distracting me with thoughts of stories I need to write down....

God has shown me amazing grace & mercy. Sunday, in church we sang "He Touched Me". For years I have sung in my heart "Touch Me Again, Lord" as a counter-melody when the chorus is sung....

Remember, I love you & you are going to be okay... I can feel your love & prayers,
Love & prayers,
Mama
I want this to be all done when the baby is born, Ev, so take it easy so you don't go early. I won't be too upset if it's a girl,but I do think this family needs more boys

--------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2004

Well, I woke up feeling 16 & thinking of all I want to do today, & you are first on my list [of course, the first load of wash is in, bed made, & spent my time alone w God already, but you're still #1].Hard to realize that your 16 yr old Mama has a son who was 45 yesterday....Dick & I took Danny to the "Good Table" for supper last night. We had a grand time & it was so joyous to be laughing together. Danny has that subtle humor that really gets to you. He turned so red, he was purple; when a piece of cake w candle came & we sang Happy Birtday to him....

You know God has shown our family a lot of mercy & grace. Last Fri I was fussing @ God that I didn't want to be a burden & God reminded me of how he used me to hold Aunt Carol & Uncle Jimmy, our friends Mike & Jane, Marie & Donny, Aunt Joann & Uncle Reg up in prayer [as well as many others]. I found myself praising God for his mercy & allowing me to be his instrument to encourage others of his loving care.I'd like to get things done so I can see our new baby, & maybe even go to Moldova w Dick. Mary-Kay, is Holland or the Netherlands on the way there? Our plan is to go to Penn for Easter & then to Williamsburg. I've talked an awful lot about me & I bore myself...Will write a better letter the next time I use this dumb machine.
Love & prayers,
Mama

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes