Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

teisipäev, mai 31, 2005

 

At Least it Worked in Finland!

The van isn't working right now! I was helping a friend move some things because he needed to use a trailer and we have a hitch on the van. We found that my electrical plug for the lights was not the same as on the trailer, but were able to get the right size plug for the van. We went to a garage to have them fix it for us, but it wa closed. They did loan us a screw driver so that we could do it ourselves, but after a few attempts, we decided that it wouldn't work. I started the van back up and tried to put it into gear, but the button to shift wouldn't go in, so I was stuck in park. I pushed my hardest and tried everything I could think of, but it wouldn't work. Then I tried turning it off, and then the button went in and I could shift. Unfortunately, you can't start a car in drive, so I was essentially stuck there. I walked home in the rain and my poor friends didn't get the help they needed! Tomorrow I will go back to the garage and see if they can figure out the problem.

But at least it didn't happen while Chris and I were in Finland with the Mission Team! We had a great time in Turku, doing open air meetings, a church service and an childrens program. The team really worked together well and we were thrilled with how things went. It has been especially good for the kids from Estonia to see different corps, since we have only three here--two of which have buildings. These kids are the future of the Army here, and that is cause for optimism. We have more trips in the next few weeks, so please also keep these in prayer.
--Tim

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes