Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

neljapäev, juuni 09, 2005

 

In God's Time

Yesterday I met with the Tartu Deputy Mayor for Social Services and the head of the Social Department to talk about where the greatest needs are in Tartu and to learn more about where we should work first. They were very receptive to the Army being in Tartu. The head of the Social Department had heard about the things we have done at the childrens' home and so had a favorable opinion of the Army before I even had the chance to speak! I feel so grateful to God that He is bringing things together in His time. We have been patiently laying a groundwork and He is now proving faithful.

I hope to have at least one program, if not several, targeting the homeless and pensioners in place by September. They want to work with me to help make this happen, and felt that this was a realistic goal. I am so excited by this!

Tomorrow morning at 8:00 Evelyn and I will go to the homeless shelter to meet the staff and learn about how things are done there. We are hoping that this will help us to see where there are still needs in serving the homeless and what we can do to meet them. Please pray for this meeting, that our eyes will be open and that we can know God's direction for us.
--Tim

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes