Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

kolmapäev, august 24, 2005

 

Swedes in Estonia

I just returned from a great opportunity to tell about the Army's work here in Tartu. There is a group of older people from Sweden who are touring Estonia and Latvia which is lead by a retired major and is made up of many Salvationists. While they were here, they wanted to hear about the Army's work in Estonia, so they rented a lecture room at the Hotel London and invited me to go there and talk.

I gave them an overview of the work in Narva first, because they were not able to hear about it when they were there yesterday. Then I told them about what we have done in the past year to lay the foundation for the Tartu Corps, about the relationships we have built and the things we have done at the shelter and the noortekodu. Then I told them about the beginning of corps programs and our plans for work with the homeless and pensioners. It felt so good to speak in concrete terms about things we have actually done and will do rather than simply speak about what could be. They asked lots of questions and seemed genuinely interested in the work here.

When I finished, they surprised me by taking up a collection for the Tartu Corps that totaled around 1900 Estonian Krooni (around $150.00). I was overwhelmed by their generosity!

Before I finished, I said to them what I often say to you: we are grateful for the support, but the greatest support we need is prayer for the work God is doing here. They took that moment to pray for the Tartu Corps and our family's place here. It was a fitting ending to a wonderful evening.
--Tim

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes