Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

neljapäev, oktoober 06, 2005

 

Test, Rotary and the TCs

Well, we had our first Estonian language test today, and overall I feel that it went well. I know I didn't do perfectly (I forgot how to translate "I am a vegetarian" into Estonian, for example), but the test really showed me where I am strong and where I need work. It will be interesting to see the final result when the test is graded.

Tomorrow I will visit the Rotary Club of Tartu. I was invited by Tartu Deputy Mayor Hannes Aastok to be his guest at the meeting, and hopefully this will lead to my becoming a member in the future. I was a Rotarian in Chester, Pennsylvania, and found it to be an invaluable way to learn about the community and to meet the people who know it best. Please pray for me with this visit, that I will be clear if I should pursue membership or not.

We are also preparing for a visit from our territorial leaders, Colonels Andre and Sylvia Cox, who will come on Saturday. They are the new leaders of the Army in Finland and Estonia, and this is their first visit to Estonia. In the two hours they are here, we will have a chance to meet with them at our house and to show them the building we will use for the homeless day center. We feel that they are good people and are excited about the chance to show them the potential for the Army here in Tartu.
--Tim

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes