Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

teisipäev, jaanuar 03, 2006

 

HASH & GORP

Tim and Chris are away at Winter Youth Camp, so I indulged and had my one-and-only can of corned-beef hash for supper! I remember the good old days when my babysitter, Ruth Wentworth, used to make her own hash from the leftovers of a Boiled Dinner (corned beef and cabbage). This can was ordered online from America by Mary-Kay, along with some special food she brought for Christmas (cranberry sauce!).

Then I went the extra measure and made gorp (trail mix) with some real Sun-Maid California raisins that we bought in Tallinn, peanuts, and the last of the M&Ms that my step-father, Dick, sent for Christmas. (We can get M&Ms here, but they don't taste the same!)

It's funny the food that you miss when you are away from "home"! Lately I have been really craving peanut butter cookies and molasses cookies! I've stopped thinking about Oreos (well, for the most part!).

Evelyn

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes