Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

reede, jaanuar 20, 2006

 

How cold is it?

So just how cold is it today? Well, when I woke up it was -27 C/ -17 F. We went to turn on the kitchen faucet and it didn't work because the pipes were frozen!

I started the van so that I could go to an apointment (it did start after thinking about it for a few seconds), and when I went to use the plastic scraper to get the ice off of the window, it broke because the cold had made it brittle.

While I was out there, every time I breathed out through my nose, ice formed on my mustache.

So we keep the fires going, we have a space heater under the kitchen sink to try to thaw the pipes, and we enjoy the fact that we've had the third sunny day in a row (which is rare this time of year).

This is supposed to last for at least a few more days, so keep checking the thermometer on the top of the page for a live update of the temperature as you read the blog.
--Tim

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes