Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

teisipäev, jaanuar 24, 2006

 

I'll Not Turn Back

If crosses come, if it should cost me dearly
To be the servant of my Servant Lord;
If darkness falls around the path of duty,
And men despise the Savior I've adored.

I'll not turn back, whatever it may cost;
I'm called to live, to love and save the lost.
I'll not turn back, whatever it may cost;
I'm called to live, to love and save the lost.

If doors should close then other doors will open,
The word of God can never be contained.
His love cannot be finally frustrated,
By narrow minds or prison bars restrained.

If tears should fall, if I am called to suffer,
If all I love men should deface, defame,
I'll not deny the One that I have followed,
Nor be ashamed to bear my Master's name.

Words by General John Gowans
Music by General John Larsson

Comments:
Dear Lord, I lift to you in prayer my friends. I pray for Evelyn and Tim and their children. Lord my heart goes out for them because of common experiences and feeling that you have seen fit for me to endure for a time as well. Thank you Lord, for knowing all our needs! Help them Lord not to be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving to present their request to you as I know they are in the habit of doing. I pray Lord, that your peace which transcends all understanding will guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
I pray to you God as the God of ALL grace and I know that you have called them each to your eternal glory in Christ. I pray that after they suffer, a little while, you will restore them and make them strong, firm and steadfast for your greater good.
I pray Lord, that it will be said of them and their situation that it has all happened to serve the advance of your gospel. Make our Savior clear to all those around them because of the darker, colder days and their willingness to persevere, cause others to be encouraged by them and to speak the Word of God more courageously and fearlessly. Lord I stand with them in prayer before you confident of this that we will see your goodness in the land of the living. Give them power from on high to wait for you oh Lord and enable them, equip them to be strong and take heart during this time which will pass and bring a future glory and fruit for you. As cold as winter is, we praise you that you never fail and that Spring ALWAYS comes! May spring start to bloom in their hearts even as the snow still covers the land around them. Praise you Lord! Amen.
 
What an awesome song! I believe we sang this at our Commissioning...you'd think I'd remember, I mean, it was less than 5 years ago. Maybe Tim and Evelyn remember, they were there. :o)

I pray for your family often. "Father keep them in your hands and continue to show your face to them and shine your countanance down on them!"

Keep the faith and keep fighting! And remember you are loved and supported by those at home in the East.

Captain Dave Collins
 
Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes