Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

esmaspäev, veebruar 20, 2006

 

Living for Something

I've really enjoyed watching the Olympics this year. It has been especially fun watching the Estonian team, which is small, but they have already won three gold medals!

Our theme for this Sunday's meetings (worship in Tallinn and Tartu, Sunday School and at the homeless shelter) was based on the Olympics. One of the scriptures we used was from Philippians 3:12-14: "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

When we were watching the report for today's Olympic events, they interviewed one of the Estonian athletes, alpine skier Deyvid Oprja. Hand written on the side of his helmet was a saying I wish I could have included in my sermon yesterday: "If you don't live for something, you die for nothing." That is the race to which God has called us all!
--Tim

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes