Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

kolmapäev, veebruar 22, 2006

 

make friends with the people

As part of his homeschooling, Chris has been reading a book that I read as a Missions Minor in college! I was quite moved to see that I was reading the 1983 edition two years after it was pubilshed, and he is reading the 2004 edition two years after it was published!

Here is something he showed me the other day, which sounds strangely familiar:

unconventional by most missionary standards, particularly their "open-house" evangelism

they decided to relinquish their privacy in order to make contacts with the people

"Some may think that receiving visitors is not real mission work, but I think it is. I put myself out to make friends with the people...."

pp. 202-203
Jonathan and Rosalind Goforth
Chapter 7: China: "Barbarians Not Welcome"
Part 2: The "Great Century"
From Jerusalem to Irian Jaya: A Biographical History of Christian Missions
Second Edition
by Ruth A. Tucker
Zondervan, 2004

"Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and 'sinners'." But wisdom is proved right.... (Matthew 11:19; Luke 7:34)

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes