Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

kolmapäev, märts 01, 2006

 

the strange effects of incarnation

This whole article is really good and I'll just quote one paragraph here. You can read the rest at "To Know the Story" (click here).

"Working in an urban ministry setting many years ago, I saw a small glimpse of the strange effects of incarnation. During the first year, I lived in an apartment just outside the city. But during the second year I was able to move into the neighborhood where many of the children involved in our ministry lived. The difference was profound. Teenagers that previously had held me at arms length came closer. Kids continually came to my door to ask if I could play. I was living among them and it was not unusual for them to mention it. One girl told me that she knew I was real because I stayed around after dark. In her eyes I was now interested in her life in a way she could tangibly grasp. I was a hand to clasp on the way home, a next-door neighbor to sit with on the porch, a heart that knew both the joys and fears of the city. Stepping into their world changed everything."

Evelyn

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes