Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

pühapäev, aprill 16, 2006

 

Happy Easter! He is risen indeed!

SASB #22
1.To God be the glory, great things he hath done!
So loved he the world that he gave us his Son;
Who yielded his life an atonement for sin,
And opened the life gate that all may go in.
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!
Let the earth hear his voice!
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father through Jesus the Son,
And give him the glory; great things he hath done!
2.O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood!
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.
3.Great things he hath taught us, great things he hath done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer and higher and greater will be
Our wonder, our rapture, when Jesus we see.
Fanny Crosby (1820-1915)

SASB #725
1.He leadeth me! O blessed thought!
O words with heavenly comfort fraught!
Whate'er I do, where'er I be,
Still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.
He leadeth me, he leadeth me!
By his own hand he leadeth me;
His faithful follower I will be,
For by his hand he leadeth me.
2.Sometimes 'mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden's bowers bloom,
By waters still, o'er troubled sea,
Still 'tis his hand that leadeth me.
3.Lord, I would clasp thy hand in mine,
Nor ever murmur or repine,
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since 'tis my God that leadeth me.
4.And when my task on earth is done,
When by thy grace the victory's won,
E'en death's cold wave I will not flee,
Since God through Jordan leadeth me.
Joseph Henry Gilmore (1834-1918)

Well, this is our first Easter in Estonia! One year ago, we were flying to America for my mother's funeral. We had "Thanksgiving Dinner" today, using a can of cranberry sauce that my sister Mary-Kay brought when she was here for Christmas (precious treasure for me!).

One thought that keeps going through my mind is how much more I appreciate Easter and the hope (nay, promise!) of resurrection since the death of my mother. It all is much more personal now, much less theoretical and more practical for me. Because Jesus is alive, I know my mother is alive -- in heaven with Him! Hallelujah!

Yesterday was the official opening meeting for the Võru Corps, which is about an hour's drive south of Tartu. The Blackpool Songsters (from England) were the guest musical group, and they sang these two songs. It was a bittersweet day for me, mourning the loss of being at our own opening meeting a year ago. (The day before our opening meeting, we got the phone call that my mother had died.)

MT 28:1 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
MT 28:2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
MT 28:5 The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: `He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."
MT 28:8 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9 Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."


Evelyn

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes