Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

reede, mai 26, 2006

 

Covenants, officers and prayers

from http://old-wells.blogspot.com/

I was in the middle of a rant to God about officers who had left the work, for what in my opinion were not good enough reasons. He listened until I had finished and then said, very clearly, "And where were you? When this officer's marriage was in trouble where were you? Were you praying for them? When that officer couldn't take any more isolation and the hardness of his people, where were you? When another fell into error or sin, where were you? Were you sitting in judgment or on your knees praying?"

The episode humbled me and shocked me into action. I knew that from then on Alan and I had a commission from God to pray regularly and in particular for our session. We have managed to trace most of them and pray for them as often as we can. This is not because we are particularly noble but simply becasue the Holy Spirit just doesn't let us off the hook with this and we have found that the blessing has far outweighed the committment. So often the people we sought to support have ministered to us and helped to keep us on the right track.

I've rambled on but I suppose I'm just hoping that maybe others might take up the challenge to pray.

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes