Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

kolmapäev, mai 24, 2006

 

Promises

http://www.charismanow.com/
"Fire in My Bones" by Charisma magazine's editor, J. Lee Grady
"What I Learned from a Woman of Faith"

from the end of the piece:

...
What about you? It’s likely that God gave you some special promises many years ago. You may have put some of them on a shelf, or perhaps you even laughed them away—thinking to yourself, “That could never happen to me.” Or perhaps you gave God a list of excuses: “I’m too old. I’ve missed my chance. I’m not qualified. I’ve made too many mistakes.” The devil loves to play those messages over and over in your ears. You must fight back by pushing the eject button.
...
It’s not too late to claim your promise. Tune out the shame and condemnation. Quit rationalizing. Don’t laugh at the impossibilities. Stop looking at the darkness of your circumstances and instead gaze on the bright promises of His Word. He is eager to turn your barrenness into joyful shouting.

William Booth said, "The promises of God are sure, if you only believe."

NU 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Psalm 77
For the director of music. For Jeduthun. Of Asaph. A psalm.
PS 77:1 I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me.
PS 77:2 When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands and my soul refused to be comforted.
PS 77:3 I remembered you, O God, and I groaned; I mused, and my spirit grew faint. Selah
PS 77:4 You kept my eyes from closing; I was too troubled to speak.
PS 77:5 I thought about the former days, the years of long ago;
PS 77:6 I remembered my songs in the night. My heart mused and my spirit inquired:
PS 77:7 "Will the Lord reject forever? Will he never show his favor again?
PS 77:8 Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time?
PS 77:9 Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has he in anger withheld his compassion?" Selah
PS 77:10 Then I thought, "To this I will appeal: the years of the right hand of the Most High." PS 77:11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
PS 77:12 I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds.
PS 77:13 Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God?
PS 77:14 You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.

PS 119:41 May your unfailing love come to me, O LORD, your salvation according to your promise;

PS 119:49 Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope.
PS 119:50 My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

PS 119:76 May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant. PS 119:77 Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight.

PS 119:81 My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word.
PS 119:82 My eyes fail, looking for your promise; I say, "When will you comfort me?"

PS 119:116 Sustain me according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed.
PS 119:117 Uphold me, and I will be delivered; I will always have regard for your decrees.

PS 119:123 My eyes fail, looking for your salvation, looking for your righteous promise.
PS 119:124 Deal with your servant according to your love and teach me your decrees.
PS 119:125 I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes.

PS 119:153 Look upon my suffering and deliver me, for I have not forgotten your law.
PS 119:154 Defend my cause and redeem me; preserve my life according to your promise.

PS 119:169 May my cry come before you, O LORD; give me understanding according to your word.
PS 119:170 May my supplication come before you; deliver me according to your promise.
PS 119:171 May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees.
PS 119:172 May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous.
PS 119:173 May your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen your precepts.
PS 119:174 I long for your salvation, O LORD, and your law is my delight.
PS 119:175 Let me live that I may praise you, and may your laws sustain me.
PS 119:176 I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands.

PS 145:13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.
PS 145:14 The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.

2CO 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. 21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

2CO 6:18 "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
2CO 7:1 Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

2PE 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

Comments: Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes