Click for Tartu, Estonia Forecast

esmaspäev, mai 22, 2006

 

well, I'm not going to see this movie

http://www.screenit.com/movies/2006/the_da_vinci_code.html#sn

Finally, ScreenIt has their review for "The Da Vinci Code" up! And seeing the word "heavy" in their little boxes is enough to convince me not to go. Of course, the bazillion reviewers saying that the movie sinks also makes me not want to pay 85 krooni to go see it!

So, it's not a boycott -- or even "othercott" as at least one Christian has called for -- just a decision not to see a movie I know I won't like.

In case you've been waiting breathlessly for my reaction to the movie, this is the most you're going to get. But if you've seen it yourself, please leave a comment and let me know what you thought of it!

Evelyn

Comments:
Hey Ev,
I just got back from the movie and it was well made, well acted and interesting. However, at the end I sat in my seat and thought how we need to know our Jesus and know His word. We are his letters to this world. I thought how many people will take this complex story line and believe it rather than the simplicity of the gospel.
In the end...I left not really knowing what to do with all the false information that was very entertainingly presented to me. I repeated to myself on the way home..." The darkness of this workd can never extinguish The Light which is Christ Jesus"
I didn't find it heavy. I must admit...I didn't read the book.My opinion-I think it is worth seeing.
 
Postita kommentaar

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ThinkExist.com Quotes